…and has been doing so for over 75 years.
Held stands for innovative motorcycle clothing with the highest level of safety and maximum wearing comfort at the same time.
We have been working in the motorcycle clothing segment for over 75 years and have committed ourselves to manufacturing quality products at the highest level over the long term. In cooperation with racing riders, we gain important insights due to the extreme stresses and highest demands on material and workmanship, which we can incorporate into the development of series models.
The basis for this is a careful selection of our suppliers, who are audited according to strict specifications in advance of a possible collaboration. This is followed by an on-site visit, during which working conditions and safety precautions, among other things, are closely scrutinized.
Held’s social standards – set out in our Code of Conduct – are based on the International Labor Organization (ILO) Convention and the Universal Declaration of Human Rights (UDHR).
Through continuously developed guidelines, we ensure that:
- fair working conditions prevail at our partners’ production sites,
- adequate payment of all employees is ensured by law,
- the aspects of occupational safety and health of the employees have the highest priority,
- environmental protection requirements are monitored and complied with,
- the regular working week does not exceed 40 hours,
- up to 12 hours of voluntary overtime per week are allowed, which are compensated with higher wages, and
- the materials used, which were developed and defined in Germany, are processed by our partners to the best of their knowledge and conscience.
Thus, in close cooperation, a product is created that meets our high requirements for working conditions, environmental protection and processing quality.
Our cooperations also show that a lot can be achieved with joint forces. Just one example of this is the licensing cooperation between Held and the company Gore, which came into being in 2009 and has since formed the basis for the development of products with GORE-TEX membranes in the motorcycle clothing sector.
Whether jackets, pants, gloves or boots – in the meantime, GORE-TEX know-how is used in a variety of motorcycle clothing articles and convinces motorcyclists all over the world. Whether as a complete laminate in a jacket or as a breathable membrane in a Held glove – the GORE effect works reliably and inspires with lasting effect.